Human Connections is looking for a driven sales professional who can move our organization forward and boost demand for our programming. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, highly motivated individual who knows how to cultivate relationships to meet sales targets.
The Director of Sales will be responsible for: engaging students and faculty on university campuses throughout North America; designing strategy to attract new target markets; designing responsible tourism itineraries for specific audiences; marketing programs (primarily Global Engagement Trips and Internships) internationally; managing communication with leads and accounts, including with trip leaders pre- and post trip; improving our alumni engagement and leveraging these connections to meet organizational goals; attending networking events, nationally and internationally; designing promotional materials in tandem with our Communications Coordinator; managing intern teams; and relationship-building within the travel industry.
The Director of Sales will be expected to take initiative to meet sales goals and recruit new accounts, as well as communicate and sell our “product” in a way that engages audiences, within the guidelines of the Human Connections’ mission.
Applicants should have experience working in a nonprofit and/or start-up environment. Experience living overseas and an ability to adapt to new environments is also highly desirable. The position will be based in Bucerias, Nayarit, Mexico and requires a flexible person with strong initiative and a proven record of success in sales. The Director will work a minimum of 40 hours a week, although he/she will likely not follow a traditional work schedule due to the nature of the work.
– 3+ years experience in a marketing or sales role
– Proven record of forging new partnerships or recruiting new accounts
– Familiarity with US college system and college student market
– An interest in the social sector; an understanding of mission-driven organizations
– Highly-developed interpersonal skills, both written and oral
– Great organizer with the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
– Strong leadership potential, with the ability to manage small teams of volunteers and interns
– Strong computer skills, particularly with Google Products, WordPress and/or Salesforce
– Applicants must be fluent in English
– Undergraduate degree in sales, marketing, or related area
– Experience working in a non-profit environment
– Proficiency with Google Analytics and SEO
– Fluency in Spanish, and familiarity with Mexico and/or Latin America
– Professional experience in the tourism or travel sector
The Director of Sales will earn a competitive Mexican salary.
How to Apply:
Please send an inquiry to Kenzie Yoshimura (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter. Upon receipt of your e-mail, we will contact you to set up an interview.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Human Connections provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.