Human Connections is hiring a Programs Manager to join our team in Bucerias, Nayarit, Mexico. This is a year-long contract with the opportunity for renewal. Please note that Human Connections is a growing enterprise and that our Programs Manager has the opportunity to grow into a leadership position within our organization.
Contract Start: December 2017
Human Connections is a social enterprise that connects visitors with local people through responsible travel experiences. Based on Mexico’s Pacific Coast, we offer day tours, weeklong trips for groups, and internships for university students. These educational experiences foster profound cross-cultural exchange and increased economic opportunities for our local partners. Learn more at humanconnections.org.
About the Programs Manager Position: Human Connections is looking for an organized and motivated individual with strong customer service skills to manage our Internship and Global Engagement Trip programs. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the study abroad sector or international education, and will have a proven record of successful program management.
The Programs Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing responsible tourism itineraries and budgets for Global Engagement Trips;
- Managing all email and telephone communication with potential accounts;
- Facilitating trips in Latin America: including translation, managing logistics, coordinating with local partners, managing risk, etc;
- Overseeing specific program revenue streams and finances;
- Coordinating with Executive Director & consultants to sell Global Engagement Trips and convert leads;
- Recruiting interns to participate in Human Connections’ internship programs;
- Planning and coordinating our internship programs;
- Managing groups of interns, volunteers, and other staff;
- Other administrative tasks as they arise.
Applicants should have experience working in either the travel or social sector. Experience living overseas and an ability to adapt to new environments is also essential. This position will be based in our office in Bucerias, Mexico. The Programs Manager will work a minimum of 40 hours a week, although he/she will likely not follow a traditional work schedule due to the nature of the work.
- Native-like English; fluent spoken and written Spanish
- 2+ years work experience in a relevant field
- Experience developing educational, social, or travel programs
- Experience facilitating programs or leading trips with youth and young adults
- An understanding of mission-driven organizations
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Great organizer with the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Strong leadership potential, with the ability to manage teams of volunteers and interns
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Google Products, WordPress and/or Salesforce
- Highly-developed customer service skills
- Undergraduate degree in tourism, communications, Latin American studies, international development, nonprofit management, Spanish, or a related field
- Experience working in a non-profit environment
- Familiarity with Mexico and/or Latin America
- Experience with SEO, Google Adwords, and/or Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop, etc)
Compensation: The Programs Manager will earn a competitive Mexican salary.
To Apply: Please send an inquiry to Victoria Thompson (email@example.com) with your resume and cover letter. Upon receipt of your e-mail, we will contact you to set up an interview.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Human Connections provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.